Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday "Two" You!

Well, I can't believe I'm the mother of a two year old... It's sort of unreal. Dallin's Two Year Birthday was yesterday, April 2nd. Where did that time go? I know all of you mothers can relate. I really didn't think time went that fast until Dallin came along.
Two years ago, I called my mom on April Fools, and told I was going into labor. Of course it was a joke... After that, I went to Lady's Night at Deseret Book and stood the whole two hours. By the end of the night I was SOO swollen and puffy, and my ankles were the same size as my knees. I went back to my mother in law's house (we were there for conference), and made a Shrimp dinner. Finally, Jeff and I got to bed at 1:00, and I woke up an hour later with contractions. Unfortunately, I didn't really know what was happening. I still had a month to go with the pregnancy, and I thought this is what they called "Braxton Hicks". But no... It was time... We drove down to St. George at 8:00 and was told I had Toxemia, so they were going to keep me. Right after that, my water broke, so I definately knew I was stuck there. I had to call my mom and tell her that I definitely wasn't "April Fool-sing" this time. Our little Dallin came 14 hours later (Sheesh!) at 11:07 at night. He came in at 5 lbs even- He was so tiny! But beautiful. And Perfectly healthy (besides Jaundice a few days later). Like I said- It definitely doesn't feel like two years have passed!


He had a wonderful birthday. We woke up in the morning and sang "Happy Birthday" and he kept blowing and looking for candles... haha. We had fun all day blowing balloons and playing. I kept asking him how old he was, and every time, he'd say "I'm one". After Jeff came home, we got the rest of the house all clean, and we had our friends the Blodgetts, the Roses, his adoptive grandparents- the Carrolls, and our other neighbors- Judy and Shane over for a little "Winnie the Pooh" birthday party. Just cake and ice-cream, but it was a lot of fun... I made do with the cake, since cake decorating definitely isn't one of my talents- haha. But it turned out cute enough. My camera was nowhere to be found, so luckily Chantelle had hers. Unfortunately, there's no sound on the movie of us singing Happy Birthday, but I thought it was cute anyway (Please ignore the nose picking as it starts... :)





P.S. Before he went to sleep, we asked him one more time how old he was and he said,
"I'm Two!"

3 comments:

Mal and Kade said...

How cute. I can't believe you are the mom of a 2 year old either. He is a doll though. You are such a cute mommy!

clare said...

Wow, time really has gone by quickly... Happy late birthday Dallin!

haha. :)

L. Webb said...

He is so cute! You guys are really good parents to that little guy. I was going to ask if that's the kite I sent or if someone else had the same idea! I wouldn't be sad, I'd pe proud. Anyway, it looks like a great party... wait till he turns the monster age of three... yikes!