Sunday, April 6, 2008

Flashback...

So- I've lost my camera!! I know, I know! I can't believe it either! I'm sure it's just somewhere in my house... but all of these things are happening the last week and I have no idea where it is... Hopefully I find it soon! Wish me luck...

Well- On Friday night, Jeff and I totally jumped back to our high school days! (Well- technically- when Jeff was a senior in high school- I was only 10... but hey... only a minor technicality...) We were able to be chaperone's for Valley High School's Jr. Prom. They asked us to get all dressed up. It was fun! Ok- When I was back in high school, we had a dance about every month... So each dance was awesome- but nothing like this!
There is only one formal a year here, and they go ALL out!! They spent two weeks preparing and decorating the gym, and they leave the decorations up for another week for a casual dance and a fashion show. Inside was Amazing! The entire gym is completely transformed. This year was "Snowflake Fantasy", So there were real ice sculptures, a circling centerpiece above head with huge snowflakes, Penguins bigger than Jeff... and an eight foot coca-cola bear (that was sort of random- but cool). It's hard to get the full effect without really being there. There was also a "invite only" "tea room" where there were refreshments for Jr.'s, Sr.'s, Faculty and parents. I also loved that it was a small "old" school, so the Jr.'s danced the official "Promenade", for everyone and the parents. Did anybody else do this at their school? The Jr. Class has about 20 kids, and they have been practicing for over a month on this. They did awesome. It was beautifully choreographed. They only bad part was that we had Dallin... And it was WAY past his bedtime... So we ended up going home early just because we REALLY needed to get him home. We just procrastinated too long for a babysitter. I wish I would have had my camera for all of this... Fortunately, our neighbor took a few pictures for us on hers on our way out. Anyway- we had a great time.


No comments: