Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Death to the Eyelash Curler...

I'm hereby fuming mad at this silly little invention.

Ok... Really I should be mad at myself for not paying better attention.
So, Yesterday, as I'm finally getting ready for the day, Jeff decided to put in a movie. Dallin was sleeping and we just wanted to spend some time together. I'm doing my make-up at a leisurely pace, since I have nothing really to do... Taking my time to do it really well for once. I get to the point where I always curl my eyelashes. I've been doing this for 4 years now, and am always very careful. I clamp down hard on my top lashes, right as an exciting part in the movie started. I look over to see what's going on... and...
SLIP...
I start to feel a burning pain and look down at my eyelash curler, only to my horror, to find about 30 lashes on the rubber. I almost fainted. I started bawling and freaking out and Jeff was gracious enough to calm me down.

I am now "eyelashless" from my pupil to my nose on the top of my eye.
Ya.
I'm so so depressed and embarrassed, and everything I looked up on the internet said it takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks to grow back! I guess I'll be learning how to put fake ones on soon.

7 comments:

Sean & Lacey said...

I still think your cute! That is very sad though, those things are dangerous....I wish I had a tip on how to grow them back faster, you can buy massive lash to put on it but that's like $65 a tube or so. Anyways good luck, and thank you thank you thank you for the tutorial on photoshop, your the best and it was fun talking with you! Happy 3 years!!!

The Holdaways said...

Hey!! It was good to hear from you! I'm glad you found my blog! Life for me is going just great. It's so fun being married and I just love every minute of it. You have such a cute family and your son is adorable! I'm glad all is well for you.

Charlotte said...

You kill me! This is a hilarious story. Don't be embarrassed though. This kind of thing happens to all of us from time to time. I can't TELL you how many times I've decided to cut my bangs and ended up with hideous results. Eyelashes are a LOT less noticeable, if you ask me.

Dave & Cassie said...

OUCH!!!! I'm sorry, that sounds so painful! Hopefully your lashes grow extra fast :)

The Askeroth Family said...

Oh my goodness, ouch! I bet that hurt! Honestly it doesn't look that noticeable in the pictures, but I'm sure you were freaking out. I once let my mom wax my eyebrows in high school...and let's just say I had to draw them on for quite a while before they grew back! Pretty embarrassing but stuff like that happens to everybody. I hope they grow back fast!

Jer & Mick said...

Sad! I'm sorry! At least they do grow back. That is the one reason i have and probably never will use those things...they have always freaked me out! Luckily they have some awesome fake lashes these days!

Nick&Kristin said...

Ouch! I've slipped and grabbed my eyelid before...and that hurts! But haven't removed eyelashes yet. Be careful! :) Time goes by so fast... we have 4 years coming up in December! sheesh.