Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentines is for the Birds...

With Springtime just around the corner (I know... Wishful hoping...) I thought we'd do a fun Valentine's activity for our little birdie friends outside the window. Dallin had a friend over and we put these together for a little Valentines Party.

You will need a small bag of pre-mixed birdseed, Knox Original Unflavored Gelatine, A Plastic Mold, a drinking straw, and ribbon. Mix two envelopes of unflavored Gelatine with 1 cup of water. Simmer on low until the gelatine has completely dissolved. Stir in 2 Cups of Birdseed until completely mixed. Spray your mold with a coat of baking spray and scoop in birdseed mixture pressing lightly to pack down. We used a little heart mold since it was for valentines, but any type of mold would be cute! :) Cut a drinking straw in small pieces and insert into the top of each mold making sure the straw goes completely through. Leave the straw in and chill for 2 Hours in the fridge.

Stephanie Lynn at "Under the Table and Dreaming" gave a great tutorial with photos on our activity here (I forgot to take play by play photos myself)...

They turned our really cute and Dallin had a fun time. He loves to go outside to check how much the birds have eaten everyday too.

9 comments:

StaceyBeth said...

Oh that is such a cute idea!

Brian and Hillary said...

That really is a cute idea. Sounds like loads of fun and clean up. But the birds are probably enjoying it a lot.

Jennifer said...

I've bean meaning to try that idea! Thanks for reminding me that I have that bookmarked somewhere--and it's good to see that it was successful!

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
GPS Micro Tracker

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Vehicle Tracking System In India

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Crystal Bridal Jewelry

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Ebay Clone Software

royal said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
E-Learning Software India

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks
Shopping Online