Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thanks for the Memories!!

Better late than never... Right? I started this post on the first day of the year, and never got around to posting it. 2008 was so great for us.. Just wanted to recap a little bit :)

January- My sister Kellie (and Garrett) had their reception- They're so cute! And she wore my wedding dress :); Cheer took over my life the rest of this month... So glad it's over. :)...
February- Had a HUGE snowfall that made our apple tree fall down; Planned a Secret Valentines Day surprise for Jeff at the high school- chocolate strawberries, a movie I made, lights,etc... It was perfect!; Valentines was also our "Bloody Valentines #2" with Jeff having to go get stitches after cutting his hand open while chopping wood. ("Bloody Valentines #1" was when I forgot to bring a bottle opener, so Jeff had to break open the bottle- resulting in another open wound...); "Dallintine" was what Dallin said all day...
March- Had a great Easter; Got our Tax refund; Steve and Lindsey (Jeff's brother) got married (finally made the plunge!) :); Jeff turned 29! and we had a great date night on the top of Dixie Hill...
April- Dallin's 2nd birthday- Winnie the Pooh Party; We were chaparones at Jr. Prom; State Drama in Nephi- the kids did great!; My family all met together in Springdale and had a really fun day...
May- Got a New Camera- won on Ebay with 2 seconds left!; Jeff's class had their annual field trip to Zion- Dallin developed a crush on Ebbi in Jeff's class; Saw both families on Mothers day, and I made some fun projects for the moms; Went to many graduations; My 22nd birthday! Jeff planned a little party for me here- we went on a date in St. George- and I went to brunch with my mom, brother, and sister...
June- I pulled out half of my Eyelashes with an eyelash curler! (Not a good memory!); We took the kids down to the water park in Kanab a lot; Dallin got his "Big Boy bed"; and he had his first horse ride; My wonderful friend since 2nd grade- Mallory- had her Bridal Shower and Wedding; My Great-Grandma Ilean had her 87th birthday in Pine Valley...
July- 4th- Dallin was Abe Lincoln in the parade; Next day got a POSITIVE on pregnancy test! WOOHOO!; Later that day left for our AWESOME California trip- beach, Calico, Knotts Berry Farm, Long Beach Aquarium, Grandparents, and San Diego Temple; But our van broke down on the way home...; Jeff's Family Reunion on Cedar Mountain; We took Dallin to WALL-E (first movie he sat through in the theater); And he started Swimming lessons...
August- Nate and Monica (Another brother of Jeff's) got married- I made the cake with Laura!; I finally got my Van back after a month of getting fixed!; My friend and I planned an Awesome Secret Luau Date with clues and a scavenger hunt; I made a LOT of Jam; and helped a lot with the Kane County Fair...
September- Bought a lot of Meat- 1/4 of a cow; We went on a random fun date night that happened to end with Swiss Days Fireworks on our way home; Went to Swiss Days in Santa Clara...
October- Watched a great Conference; Enjoyed the beauty of the leaves on Cedar Mountain; Found out we were having a GIRL!; My Dad got married; Had a "Scarecrow Party" with a bunch of our neighbors; Also had a fun Halloween party at our house...
November- My kids performed "Seussical the Musical!" and they did SOOO good :); I got to enjoy being home finally!; Dallin had Pink Eye; Had a fun Thanksgiving at Jeff's parents house- and then our van broke down... again...
December- Went to the annual Tree Lightingceremony in Orderville; Surprised my Mom on her Birthday; Made real Gingerbread houses from scratch (first time!); Played a lot in Snow, Had such a wonderful Christmas! Especially watching Dallin get the concept of Santa, and even more importantly- the Nativity and baby Jesus; Relaxing with the lights of the tree...

Thanks for the Memories 2008!

Oh... And a late Merry Christmas! This was our Christmas card Picture (Thanks Ann!!)


And this was a little collage I made of Dallin's 2 year pics...

1 comment:

Christy said...

What an exciting year!

btw

Did you use a program or somewhere online to make your collage?